Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Is This My Child?


So the kids and I got to see little bits and pieces of the inauguration. They liked the part with the musicians (Is he really named Yo-yo, Mom?), and they asked me about the 21-gun salute.

Lauren asked me, “Why do they do that?”

“I’m not sure, honey, but I think it might have something to do with Obama now being in charge of the military.”

“What’s the military?”

“Well, now Barack Obama is in charge of our army, our navy, our marines, and all the people who protect our country.” (I actually have no idea if the 21-gun salute is related to this. It’s just a guess).

At this point, Ryan gets a crazed, but determined look on his face. He jumps off the couch and stands in some sort of demented Jedi pose and says, “I’m still more powerfuller than him, Mom, because I have force fields and can shoot lasers out of my hands that kill people!”

I gave birth to this child?

1 comment:

Jody said...

Nice, he reminds me of someone I know. Good luck with that!